image show text that reads: Sometimes a parent's mental or behavioral health (including addiction) leads to a child entering foster care. What specific type of supportive services could be provided to families to better help them remain together?

Family Voices United wants to hear from YOU!

If you are a current or former foster youth, parent, or relative/kinship caregiver - share your voice - and you could win $50!


This month's question:

Share your perspective in five minutes (with this form):

  • Submit by May 9th for a chance to win a $50 gift card (3 available)!
  • Please review the attached Strategic Sharing guide when considering what to share from your personal experience.

Background info: 

Did you know that states now have the option to use federal funds for prevention activities (including mental health services)? If a parent is struggling with substance abuse or mental health, the Family First Act makes it easier for that parent to get help while keeping the family together. These services can be provided to “children at imminent risk of placement into foster care”, pregnant or parenting youth in foster care, parents of children at imminent risk, or their kinship/relative caregiver. Services can be provided for up to 12 months. Want to learn more? Contact with questions.